CONVERTIBLE TOP

1999 Mercedes Benz CLK320

1999 Mercedes Benz CLK320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

Convertible top did not latch completly when top went down. The power button switch flashes and does not work. The key truck release has also been disabled. I can enter the trunk using the key.

Is their a reset switch or manual release in order to fix top. I have never had a problem before.
Russell1932

Your convertible top hydraulic pump is not operating. The reason the trunk is not opening with the remote is because the top is not closed. Here is a way you may get it operating again. You need to perform a hard reset of the computers. You will need to disconnect your battery for roughly 15 min. This will hard reset all computers and may allow your pump to reset. After performing this it will be necessary to renormalize your steering angle sensor and windows. Please let me know when you are ready and I will walk you through this.

Gfimotorcars