RADIO SAYS WAIT

1998 Mercedes Benz CLK320

Computer problem
1998 Mercedes Benz CLK320 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I read the other blog, but it doesn't match up to mine. My car battery died I purchased a new one and now my radio says wait. I don't have an alpha-numeric pad on my radio I guess since it's a 1998. Also my display is messed up so I can't see what it says exactly. Once I pressed something it said something else I can tell the first letter was an L and it was blinking. Is that the code maybe? Is there a way to hit enter. I don't have an " OK" button. Someone else asked this question but it was for a 2000 C230.
MsKarla

The initial word was code. The wait message is up because the unit has locked you out because you failed to input the correct radio code in with three attempts. The code message will eventually come up again but it will be a week maybe weeks. When the code message comes back input your radio code. It should be on a business size card in your owners manual. If it is not there you will need to go to a dealer so they can pull up the code. The enter button is your tuner knob. Press this knob after the correct code is input.

Gfimotorcars