AUTO DRIVERS SEAT

2003 Mercedes Benz C230

2003 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

automatic seat ondriver's side will not move passenger's seat still works also stearing wheel will not adjust. It also is automatic.
Jdhartz

You'll need a digital multimeter. DONT use a test light or an analog meter, you'll damage the seat control module. If you don't know how to do basic electrical tests then I wouldn't recommend that you try to diagnose this yourself. There are two motors, one that controls seat height and another that moves the seat closer or further from the steering wheel. Since the seat doesnt move in any direction it's probably not a motor problem. Check the fuse first, if it's good, then disconnect the relay and test it. If both check out good, then check to see if your're getting voltage from the module. Last thing to check would be the switch for coninuity.

Discostu24000
Oh, I forgot about the steering wheel. From what I can see their wiring and controls are not related so it's most likely two seperate problems.

Discostu24000
Hey, this may be off topic, but I was hoping you could help me locate a driver seat for a 2000 C230. I am considering purchasing this nice example in town that's going for a great price, but the driver's seat is missing and would obviously need to be replaced. I'm not even sure how much they go for if they are in fact available. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

B3nko