CAR AUDIO SYSTEM

2005 Mercedes Benz C230

Interior problem
2005 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 36000 miles

For some reason, my car's stereo(which has steering wheel controls, a CD player, as well as a CD Changer) does not put out any sound. I have it tuned to a station and I tried increasing volume from steering wheel controls and from volume adjustment knob on stereo itself. I thought it may be the mute control being on, but it doesn; t seem to be. Is there something else here that can control the volume? I just got this car and really am not familiar with much of the features yet.

Doug
Zdw0036

I've had that same problem with my 2005 C230 Kompressor. It's actually in the shop as I type. For the 7th time for this same problem. This is surely a manufacturing defect that is affecting multiple consumers. I wish I could do something about the problem. It's seriously a pain in the ass to take the car to the dealership every few months just because the stereo decides not to put out any sound.

Hypnotikone