CAN'T START AFTER GETTING HOT

1999 Mercedes Benz 300td

1999 Mercedes Benz 300td 6 cyl 257000 miles

weird problem on my Benz please help;
with the hot weather lately I notice the temp. Gauge goes between mid to 3/4 on gauge especially with AC running; after driving in this condition that means the motor is getting hot hot and once it shuts down I can't get it to restart. It cranks but wont' run. Let it cools down for couple hours then it starts fine. By no mean the motor is overheat however.

During winter time there is no problem since I do not turn the AC on and the temp. Gauge only goes halfway and stays there. Even with gauge goes to 3/4 of reading that is still not overheated but the car won't start once shut down.

Please help the expert! Thank you.
Tomfreed

That is normal, I mean the car is smart maybe it's too smart, what your vehicle is doing is going into " limp mode" to make sure you do not ruin the engine, in other words your car is smarter than you, you would've kept going like you had a pack of Indians behind you and you could not stop, but your car was smarter than you, that's okay, sometimes my car's are smarter than me with advanced technology we knew that was coming, at any rate, it is obvious that you have an overheating problem, I would replace the thermostat to start with, when's the last time you service to cooling system? It should be serviced every year, let me know what happens after you change the thermostat and put new coolant in it. You can Yahoo me any time I am on 24-7

Dr Loot