MAZDA RX8 CATALYTIC CONVERTER PROBLEM

2004 Mazda RX8

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Mazda RX8 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

akma, l a
Luna9812

What is your question?

Mhpautos
This what happened I was driving to school but the engine just died so I pulled over. I was stuck in the middle of no were so I loosen up the catalytic converter and I manage to keep it on for a while so I drove to a gas station and towed it. Since im a broke college student I decided to fix it myself. So I found an electric part that was burnt and I replaced but it was still not staying on. So I changed the spark plugs and I took the catalytic converter off. The inside was wasted so I took it all out and put it back on. But it turns on and it strugles really hard to stay on but it suddenly dies. I think that it might be the idle air control motor bt do the rx8's have one?What should I do or check for?

Luna9812
I would first check for any unresolved fault codes wit a scan first, report any codes and I would like to know what the electronic burnt item was.

Mhpautos