SQUEALING NOISE

2003 Mazda Protege

Engine problem
2003 Mazda Protege 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 87,500 miles

My cars been making a squealing noise for the past few weeks. At first it was only when the car was cold and only for about 30 seconds but could be stopped if the heat was turned off. Since then it has gotten progressively worse. Now the car makes the squealing noise even if the fan has been turned off, the car warmed up and after being driven for a while. The higher the engine revs, the louder and more intense it will get. The squealing continues up until second gear then when put in third, it stops. The sound seems to be close to the passenger side front wheel. I was wondering if this was just the fan belt, or if it was something else, and what to do with it.
ColdFire5

The belt is a good start. But could invole tensioner, idler or a/c pulley bearings. Check them all after the belt is off, spin them and make sure they spin free, no grinding or binding!

Merlin2021