NEW CLUTCH PROBLEM AFTER DEALER WORKS ON MY BRAKES

Mazda Other

I have a shift stick 2003 Mazda proteg 5 which I brought to a dealer to work on my brakes and exhuast system friday. Car has 92,000 miles in excellent shape, well taken care off. Mostly HWY driving. Never needed brake work or exhaust work before. Immediately after changing the pads on all 4 breaks on my car and checking the exhuast system, the clutch has become very soft and barely engages to the point that it's hard to shift gears anymore.
The dealer claims it has nothing to do with their work-but the coincidence is too much.
In the morning the clutch was fine, then when I picked up the car-it is not. What is going on? Can you help please? Could the mechanic inadvertently caused a problem? Or is it pure coincidence?

Avi_wasserman

There is a relation between brake pads and the master cylinder. The calipers have to be forced back by a C clamp or other means to make room for the new pads. If the mechanic didn't take the cap off the master cyl it " could" have forced the excess fluid to back flow and create an air pocket. It sounds like the brakes need to be bled to remove the air. Hope it didn't ruin the master cyl. Good luck.

Losone