MODELS BRAKE SQUEEL

2004 Mazda Other

Brakes problem
2004 Other Mazda Models Engine Size unknown Two Wheel Drive Automatic 32000 miles

I have a 2004 mazda rx8 I just put front brake pads on wagner thermo quiet model#mx1009 every thing went on great had no problems but now they squeek when I stop I have driven it at least 30 miles since I put them on but still no relief do you have any sugestions

i would appreciate your response
thanx
steve westfall
Steve westfall

Hello Steve !

Here are some causes for the brakes squell: Low quality brake parts. Friction compounds are a well-guarded secret in the industry and each manufacturer has spent years refining the process to achieve the best performance results.

New brakes not properly burnished. Burnishing the brakes should be done by your repairer and requires a repeated application of the brakes in a prescribed manner that mates the surface of the brake material to the drum or disc.

Brake-liners not beveled. Choose a brand of brake lining that incorporates beveling at the leading and trailing edge of the brake lining to avoid squeaks.

Improper upkeep. Follow all of the required steps as directed by the brake parts manufacturer, including using any included adhesives or lubricants supplied.

Missing spacer shims behind pads. Some manufacturers include this shim as part of their installation hardware. Be sure to include these shims when replacing the brake pads.

Improper clearances between part surfaces. For persistent noise, check for assembly clearances that may cause high frequency vibration. Close proximity between part surfaces may cause noise during brake application, be sure to apply the compound included with the parts to these areas.

Good Luck!

Fisherman