MODELS VALVE ADJUSTMENT

1986 Mazda Other

1986 Other Mazda Models Two Wheel Drive Manual

I have a mazda b2000 and the valves need adjusting but I cant find the valve adjustment diagram or any instructions on how to do it to this truck. Any help?
Jwardmls

Valve Lash (Clearance) Adjustment
Run the engine until normal operating temperature is reached.

Shut off the engine and remove the rocker cover.

Torque the cylinder head bolts to their specified torque, in the proper sequence.

Rotate the crankshaft so that the No. 1 cylinder (front) is in the firing position. This can be determined by loosening the No. 1 injection pipe at the injection pump. When the engine is slowly cranked, fuel will squirt from the loosened fitting as No. 1 piston approaches TDC. Confirm TDC by the timing mark alignment.

Check the valve clearances by inserting a flat feeler gauge between the end of the valve stem and the rocker arm. The clearance can be checked for No. 1 and No. 2 intake valves and No. 1 and No. 3 exhaust valves.

If the valve clearance is incorrect, loosen the adjusting screw locknut and adjust the clearance by turning the adjusting screw with the feeler blade inserted. Hold the adjusting screw in the correct position and tighten the locknut.

Rotate the crankshaft (in the normal direction of rotation), until No. 4 piston is at TDC compression. Adjust No. 3 and No. 4 intake valves and No. 2 and No. 4 exhaust valves.

Install the rocker arm cover and torque the nuts to 18 inch lbs.

Badbo

Badbo
I forgot sorry
the proper lash clearance is 0.012 in

badbo

Badbo
Nope - lash clearance is NOT 0.012 inches as listed above.
Haynes calls for 0.020 inches for intake and 0.039 inches for exhaust on B2000, B2200 4 cyl
and 0.028 inches intake and 0.039 inches for exhaust on B2600 6 cyl

Patricksullivan