PCV VALVE/HOSE

2002 Mazda MPV

2002 Mazda MPV 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I am looking for procedures to replace a PCV valve on my Mazda van, specifically with illistrations.
Sfwlr4@msn.com

First of all thank you so much for you donation.I emailed you a picture of the intake with the pcv under it let me know if that's the set up you have on your mpv. Also which model mpv do you have?

Thanks for your response. It's an MPV LX. Brought the car in after trouble driving and the diagnosis was that it needed a new PCV hose. We've already put too much into this car over the past year and have decided to try to sell it. I thought the PCV replacement might be something I could do. I got the Mitchell online manual but couldn't see PCV valve/hose mentioned anywhere. Any adiitional guidance you could provide for the procedure/how to use the Mitchell for this would be appreciated.

Steve Fowler

Sfwlr4@msn.com

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2002_mazada_mpv_lx_pcv_location_1.jpg

I had trouble finding it too did you get this diagram i emailed you?It is the same one i posted on this post.It show's you where the pcv is and it's hose.It say's labor time to replace it is 1.8hr's it look's like the valve is under the upper intake from what the diagram show's.Replacing the upper intake also pay's 1.8hr's.So take a look at your engine and see if you can see it under the upper intake.I found that diagram under vacuum hose routing diagram.