SHUTS DOWN WHILE DRIVING

1990 Mazda Miata

My 1990 Miata has 240,000 miles on it. It has been taken care of but lately it will shut off while driving, it does this at any spped. Somwetimes it will restart before I come to a stop, and other times I have to restart it after stopping. Its like the engine ignition has been turned off. What could be causing this to happen. :
Ecdozit

Could be a crankshaft position sensor or the distributor pick-up and also a failing fuel pump.

Duplicate the problem-then immediately check for spark and fuel pressure.

Duplicate the problem-then immediately check for spark and fuel pressure.[/Quote: b860b54c3e]

I bought the repair manuel and the check engine trouble code is (34). It indicates that there may be a open or short curcuit from the IAC valve to the PCM. Or the same between the IAC and the fuel injection relay. Could this be causing the the cars engine to act as described above.

Ecdozit

Duplicate the problem-then immediately check for spark and fuel pressure.[/Quote: e2cb8768b1]

I bought the repair manuel and the check engine trouble code is (34). It indicates that there may be a open or short curcuit from the IAC valve to the PCM. Or the same between the IAC and the fuel injection relay. Could this be causing the the cars engine to act as described above.[/Quote: e2cb8768b1]

Try cleaning out the IACV and see what happens