MAZDA B2600 TROUBLE CODE PROBLEM

1992 Mazda b2600

1992 Mazda b2600 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 200000 miles

truck idles fine but will not accelrate
Field man

Hi field man,

Is the Check Engine Lamp indicating and did you try to retrieve for trouble codes?

No check eng light on I have checked the fuel psi and the tps and the mas it has 40 psi at the fuel filter, if you spray it with starting fulid and accelrate at the same time it will throttle up, also cleaned the air control valve. The guy was driving it down the road when it just quit started the truck back up and it would idle fine but could not get it to throttle up.

Field man
Have you checked the exhaust system for clogging?

Did you check the ignition timing?

Yes dissconnected the exhaust from behind the manifold have not checked the timing. It will throttle up with starting fulid, it would not throttle up on starting fuild if it was the timming would it.

Field man
If timing it too retarded, an extra bit of fuel might help it to increase in speed but that would depend on the situation.

Seems fuel pressure is not increasing and the most likely cause would be the MAF or MAP.

Is your engine 2.2 or 2.6 L?

It is a 2.6L what is the firing oder and do I start with # 1 @ tdc of the compression stroke, and what is the best way to check the maf, map

Field man
Firing order is 1-3-4-2.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_FiringOrder92B2600Fig01_1.jpg

Yes, you start with # 1 on compression stroke at TDC, ie cylinder # 4 valve overlapping.

Without any trouble codes, the only way to test the MAF or MAP is with the aid of scan tools.

Try cleaning the MAF with MAF cleaning spray and see if it helps. Sometimes when air flow sensors are dirty, they would not work correctly and does ot trigger any trouble codes.

Have'nt tried to pull any codes, thanks for the firing order info, going to try to get back to work on it this weekend to see if I can solve the problem will let you know the outcome thanks lot for all the info

Field man
You're welcome.

For older models sometimes the CEL does not indicate but trouble codes are present, so it would be good to check for codes.

If you have an analog voltemeter you can retrieve the codes.

How do you get the codes with a analog volt meter and where can I find what the codes mean

Field man