MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR

1994 Mazda b2300

1994 Mazda b2300 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 132000 miles

I recently cleaned my mass airflow sensor. I took it apart and sprayed it with CRC mass airflow cleaner. I let it sit until it was dry and and hooked everything back up. My truck ran good before, but ever since then, I have to keep my foot on the gas after turning the key to keep it running. While doing this sometime the RPM's will repeatedly go up and then drop and go back up again after turning the key, sometimes the RPM's will stay steady but die if I take my foot off of the throttle. It seems to drive fine once I get it going, but occasionally stalls when I stop. Please, any information would be helpful as to how I could of caused this. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I do all my own repairs, and this has me stumped.

Thanks, Derek
Jonesderek3

Hi jonesderek3,Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Might want to check the idle air control solenoid and the EGR valve and also the throttle position sensor

Burn off operation:

Perform this test if airflow sensor failed voltage test. Disconnect negative battery cable to reset ECU. Reconnect negative battery cable.
Bring engine to normal operating temperature. Pull back rubber boot from airflow sensor connector. Operate engine at about 2000 RPM for 3 minutes with transmission in Neutral.
Turn ignition off. Backprobe airflow sensor Green/Orange wire at ECU terminal 2H using a voltmeter. Voltage should be zero volts immediately after ignition is turned off. About 8-12 volts should be present momentarily, 2-5 seconds after ignition switch is turned to OFF position.
If voltages are as specified, replace airflow sensor. If voltages are not as specified, check voltage and related wiring at ECU terminals 2P, 2Q and 1I. See PIN VOLTAGE CHARTS article in the ENGINE PERFORMANCE section.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_pin_voltages_1.jpg