CRANK PULLEY REMOVAL

1997 Mazda b2300 • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 220,000 miles

Thanks so much for the free answer! My pulley/balancer has no means at all to facilitate removal. The inside of the hub is absolutely smooth. It looks like a three-jaw puller might work, but I hate to pull on the pulley. Or, drill and tap two 1/4-20x3/4 holes 180' apart on the hub and use a balancer puller. Any thoughts on this? Thank you very much. I will donate when I can!
Mrj5000

Have you tried just pulling it by hand. It may not be pressed on.

Wrenchtech
Thanks - It was the first time it had been removed, and it was really stuck! Tapped 5/16-18 threads in hole already on the hub and mounted the long side of my harmonic balancer puller using a bolt on one side and a "Kant-Twist" machinist's clamp on the other side, and carefully "walked" the pulley the first quarter-inch or so, then pulled it off by hand. Threw a timing belt on it and it runs like the wind. Thanks for the reply

Mrj5000
You're welcome.

Wrenchtech