OIL RESIDUE ON THE SPARK PLUGS

2002 Mazda b2200

2002 Mazda b2200 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

My truck started vibrating, losing power going up hills and the check engine llight came on yesterday. So I went and had a Dianostic test ran to see what the error might be. The test came back with an error for TCS (throtle control sensor) so I changed it out and the old one was definately no good. The truck in park still had heavy vibations so I thought it maybe a ignition problem so I changed out the spark plugs and wires. When removing the old plugs I noticed that the plug had oil residue (not carbon) even a small drop of oil was on one of the plugs. After changing them out the truck still idels rough and has a huge decrese in power. Could this be head gaskets and rings? Mazda B2300 Thanx
Randalleakes

Hi there,

I would first do a comp test and a leak down test, this will give you an indication as to the condition of the bottom end. Do this and report back your findings.

Mhpautos