U-JOINTS

1991 Mazda b2200

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1991 Mazda b2200 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 252000 miles

This truck has a two piece drive shaft supported by a bearing hanger assembly in the middle. This drive shaft has two different size u-joints. The front and rear u-joint are the same size and are " Swagged" into the yoke, the center u-joint is a different size and uses c-clips. I can find a replacement joint for the center but the outer u-joints are an odd size with no replacement parts. I've been told that this shaft cannot be rebuilt and that I must purchase a $400.00 aftermarket shaft. Surely someone makes a u-joint that will work. Can you suggest a less expensive way to resolve this issue?
Parmand

Ok no the u-joints are not replacable but they can be replaced as the center one is. Now what you do is take the driveline to a driveline shop because you need to have them open up the ears on the drive line to fit a replacement u-joints now they can be replaced like normal ones and will use inside snap or lock rings. Now a good driveline shop will make it fit a common type ujoint that you can buy a parts store.

Racefan966