REAR NOISE

Mazda 626

1997 626ES

have taken the vehicle in numerous Xs for the rear noise; each time the mechanic would shave the rotors, etc; now he's told me that the rear differentials are damaged -- please explain; : evil: : twisted: : (
Trulimia

What kind of noise? How fast are going when this noise starts? I s there any vibration?

10foTuck
The rear noise was coming from the worn Rear Hub wheel & my front bearings needed to be changed out -- they were really worn also. Thanks for asking. : D : D : D

Trulimia
It was a grinding noise, as if though the muffler had fallen off; the speed didn't matter & no, there wasn't any vibration. : Shock: : shock: : shock:

Trulimia
So you got it fixed? No more noise?

10foTuck
Alot of times shops will use an aftermarket 's' pipe (the one before the muffler) that has a hanger on it that will sometimes be too big. This hanger (thats too big) will sometimes hit the base of the floor in the vehicle. If you just had exhasut work done on the car I would lean towards this. Did you have exhaust work done.

P.S. 626's and Mx-6's (almost the same cars) DO NOT have rears diffs. They are front wheel drive!

Cosmo. Mazda tech

Cosmo