KNOCKING SOUND

2003 Mazda 6

Noises problem
2003 Mazda 6 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 84000 miles

Hi I got this knocking sound coming from the engine. You could really hear it after like 3000 RPMs. The ckeck engine light goes off so I hooked up my scanner and first it said Knock Sensor indicated and cylinder 1 was misfiring. I cleared it then the next day the the check engine light went off again this time it said cylinder 5 was misfiring. I dont drive it anymore I dont wanna make it worse. Please help me figure out what wrong with my car. Thanks
Speedy Guerra

Hi there

If you are getting a knock sensor fault you will be hearing engine ping as the ECU is not re adjusting the ignition timing, I would re scan and if the knock sensor is showing as a fault start there.

Mhpautos
Hi, I changed the knock sensor because they told me that might be the problem and that I should also replace the crank postion sensor because that might be the reason why its making that noise. They also told me that it might be a bearing. Please let me know if what I should do. Thanks.

Speedy Guerra
Hi there,

have the codes cleared and re drive, check for new set codes and if the knock sensor re sets replace that first, it wont be the crank sensor I feel. Start here.

Mhpautos
I already replaced the knock sensor. It still making that noise. The noise is coming from the top of the engine on back side. Is it possible it might be the valves. How could I find out to make sure. Thanks a lot for your help

Speedy Guerra