BLOWER

2001 Lincoln Town Car

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Lincoln Town Car V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

I get no blower when using heater or ac. I checked fuse number two in the fuse panel and it is good. The digital indicator goes up or down when I increase or decrease the fan speed. I've changed blower in 1989 astro van, but this looks like it could get quite involved. I was/am hoping it would be a fuse problem.
Thanks for your advice--in advance
Ken
Alfaman

I found my answer on the internet, using Yahoo search. Here is the solution to " my fan would not blow heat or cooling" Blower motor resistor is stuck. Turn the switch on with the a/c on high, with the engine off, then hit the blower motor resistor. The fan should start working. Resistor is located on the fire wall behind the right valve cover. Also behind the heater hose. It's about the size of a deck of cards. I put a screw driver against it and then tapped the screwdriver and WALLLA the fan started.
I hope this helps someone down the line somewhere!

Alfaman
Alfaman's answer worked perfectly for me. I had the same problem on a 2001 Town Car and now the AC works great thru a functioning blower. It's going to be 101+ tomorrow, so this is great timing.

THANKS ALFAMAN!

Gsmithcog