DOOR SENSOR QUESTION

1995 Lincoln Continental

I have a 1995 Lincoln Continental with 140,000 miles 4.6L

On the digital display it states (a door is ajar) all vehicle doors are closed. I have opened and closed all doors; this just started a couple of days ago. Today the digital display states (a door is ajar) the display stays on and the dome lights will no longer turn off because of this error.

I pulled the driver side door panel apart to check to see if there was something lose and I put everything back together and now the drive side window will no longer work. Man I am going to pull my hair out soon, if anyone can help please do.

I also wanted to know if someone knows where I could locate a repair manual for this vehicle and where I could also locate a used door panel with a bezel that is located on the door panel (Power door, Locks, and seat.) I am having a hard time finding use parts for this vehicle.

JEspana

Since we dont know which door is it and you dont have the ability to scan the BCM
you should start with driver door switch, its located on the door latch two wires plug.
You have to remove the door panel
2nd check pass door
good luck
let us know

BMRFIXIT
I will have the vehicle looked at tomorrow and they should be able to tell me what I need to replace. As you stated before I should look at the door switch. The door switch is what? I am sorry but I am not really a car person and I am learning as I go.

My guess is you're talking about the actual switches like power seat and door lock is located behind the panel or the black box that everything gets connected to?

JEspana
It is the driver side door and I ordered the part today should get it by Thursday I hope. I had my friend bypass it for the time being.

Thanks for you're help.

JEspana
I tried to fix the sensor but don't know how to get it out of the dan door. I unscrewed the door latch from the door and tried to take out the latch.

I can see the sensor but am unable to get it out. I wanted to know if anyone has done this and could give me a hand please.

JEspana
Did you try to twist off the switch

look @ the new one, notice the way its groved

BMRFIXIT
Ok, I will give that a try and see if I can get that to work.

JEspana
Ok, I almost got the latch completely off the door and I can see the switch clearly. I tried to turn the switch to the left and right no luck. Is there something else that is holding that switch in place, meaning like a tab that I need to move to the side?

JEspana
It has been a while since I did one, if I recall correctly it was a twist on and off. Look at the new one. See if you have a plastic clip that goes in a hole on the latch to secure it in place. Good luck and let us know!

BMRFIXIT
Man, I did get the two front doors done as both of them went out. I was trying to get the back doors switches off but I think I am going to have pay to get them fixed. The driver side switch was pretty hard to remove and the pass side was really easy only took me like 10 min or so.

The rear doors is what I am having problems now the switches are not coming off that easy I will try again on Saturday unless I can pay to get it fixed.

When I replace my driver side door panel I am going to take pic of what you need to do in order to replace the front door switches.

JEspana
I had the same problem for months
finally somewhere online I read that grease and dust ahd caused something or other to stick right where the latch is they recommended wd-40 flooded into the door latch, it worked fine on my car and the problem has never returned

Tark47003