CAR SPUTTERING AND JOILTING

2002 Lexus IS 300

Engine problem
2002 Lexus IS 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 79000 miles

My car is turbo'd, which is not standard for these cars.

My car is sputtering and somewhat joilting. It also idles REALLY hard upon first start up.

It is throwing a p1300 code. Ignition/misfire

MAF was just replaced after it threw a code for it, so that problem is cleared up.

No smoke coming from exhaust.

Wierd thing is that after the car has been driving for a while and the engine is really warm, the problem near disappears.

You can hear it misfiring by listening. We changed spark plugs about 3 wks ago. Only thing I did was I DID wash the engine bay out. But someone said if their was moisture from that in the plugs that it would have evaporated by now.

Going to do a compression test asap.

Any thoughts?

I heard coil packs rarely go out.
Ive checked 2 of the 3 plug wires and tehy are good.

And Im a female but trying to do this by myself.
Ehende22@aol.com

The water is still sitting on the spark plugs. Gain access to them and use compressed air to blow out the water and next time wipe the engine down with a engine detailer, dont ever spray water in there. No matter how careful you are water still goes where it is not supposed to.

Mastertechtim