LEXUS IS 300 GAS PROBLEM

2001 Lexus IS 300

2001 Lexus IS 300

car has a vibration as if the a/c is on and fan turns on to cool engine down sometime if the ac is on and I turn it off the vibration goes awayshortly but not all the time sometimes it stays on. Now if I have the car in park no ac this same vibration happens and stay on for about 2-3 minutes can you tell me what wrong also when I take the gas cap off I do not here the pressure noise that most cars make when u open gas tank will that make my engine light come on
Stephaniewsh@aol.com

Hi stephaniewsh,

Thank you for the donation.

Symptoms of the vibration indicates you have a possible fault with the cooling fans. Get them check.

If the gas cap is not fully closed or is leaking it can cause the CEL to indicate and no pressure when cap is opened. To find out if the CEL is related to the gas cap, the trouble codes should be retrieved.

GHet a free scan done at Autozone and come back with the EXCAT trouble code. DO NOT replace anything recommended after the scan without testing and confirming the part is faulty to avoid unnecessary replacement of parts.

Thank you I will try what you said and get back to you thanks

Hi there, I hope you got your lexus fixed. We appreciate your donation and look forward to helping you in the future.

2CarPros Linsey