NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH

2001 Lexus GS 300

2001 Lexus GS 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 76000 miles

My 2001 Lexus GS300 was stolen along with my only key. My car was recovered locked without the key. My insurance company's tow truck driver was able to gain entry but had to use the vehicle's manual overide for the shifter to put the car in neutral. The lexus dealer had to replace the vehicles ECU in order to program a new key. When I got my car back the security indicator light was blinking even while driving and the engine light came on. I took it back and was told the security light was blinking because the system was searching for a second key and I needed to purchase one for the light to stop blinking. As far as the engine light I was told that a neutral safety switch code came up when they checked it. So far they replaced the neutral safety switch, the ECU again, the shifter ECU, and a loose wire and the same code keeps coming up. It will be my 5th time bringing my car back. The good thing is that insurance is paying for everything but I just want this problem fixed. HELP. THANX.
Clslim1

The security light. Why would the car look for a second key inside the car? That is wrong. Find out the exact code the PCM is giving. Sounds like they need to program the key for the ignition or the security system is the original problem.I know it is frustrating, but ask the dealer if they have a tech capable of troubleshooting an electrical problem and if not do they know of a Lexus dealer that does?

Jack42
Any resolution to your neutral safety switch problem. I had a towing company fix my car in the same manner, and now I am getting that error code. Any help I would greatly appreciate. Thanks. Carson

Carsonm