ENGINE WONT START

1998 Land Rover Discovery

1998 Land Rover Discovery V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 133300 miles

i was driving down the road came to a stop at a light and the truck died. It wouldnt turn over after that. It seems that its not getting fuel into it. I ve tried jumping it off but nothing. I got it to crank a few times and it would sputter then die again. The only other problem I have had is a rattling coming from what I believe is the exhaust. I thought it might be the catalytic converter. If that is the case please let mme know how to fix that as well. Please help
Outlaw72321

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it