KNOCKING SOUND IN RIGHT FRONT WHEEL AREA

2010 Nissan Maxima • 70,000 miles

Took to my tire guy because sound felt like something was in tire. Nothing in tire. Feels like a loose rod or something I hear the sound while driving especially when the road is not smooth a real annoyance a thumping that you can feel in the gas pedal while driving
Dchardric

What you're describing should not be ignored. Some potential causes can be pretty minor and insignificant, but there's a few things that could separate and lead to loss of control and a crash. A "tire guy" should have been able to identify the cause. The next step is to have the steering and suspension systems inspected at a tire and alignment shop. They specialize in these kinds of things.

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.