IGNITION

2001 Kia Sephia

2001 Kia Sephia 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 116586 miles

i can get power to 1 ignition coil but not the other car will start and run on 2 cylinders. Cylinders 2 and 4 will work but 1 and 3 do not. I traced the complete wiring harness for bad wires put in a module and coils I even tested the ecm but problem remains.
Bud1

DISTRIBUTORLESS IGNITION SYSTEM (DIS)
DIS system consists of a Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor, Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor and 2 coils. CKP sensor is located on transaxle/transmission case near flywheel. CMP sensor is located in rear of head. On 4 cylinder engines coils are located directly on top of No. 2 and No. 4 spark plugs. On V6 coil pack is mounted on rear of cylinder head. Each coil is connected to companion cylinder spark plug by plug wire. System uses waste spark method. Each coil fires 2 spark plugs simultaneously. Sensors signal ECM which cylinder is ready to fire. The ECM then triggers appropriate coil.

Dave H