CAR STRUCK BY LIGHTNING

2001 Kia Sephia • 10,500 miles

It will turn over but not start

had to run a hot wire to the fuel pump to make it run
Ericadamson

Have you checked all the fuses?

Ericadamson
Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

Yes I do

Ericadamson
Lighting can take out the alarm system which might cause non-starting if equipped with immobilizer and normal testing might not get you anywhere.

If you can get a scan tool to plug in, that would be a better and faster way of going about.

No alarm system on this one

Ericadamson
After car was struck dome light and radiator cooling fan came on with the door closed and switch off

Ericadamson
See if you have any codes the lighting strike could have very well damaged one of the computers.I would have all the computers scanned for codes which the auto parts stores cant do or most of the diy code readerd out there.

Or even melted some wires relays etc.

Nothing special about the dome lights as the wirings are not connected to any control modules so it could be a shorting of the door switches. Can you manually turn it off? Does setting it at the door position works.

The cooling fans are connected to the PCM ( engine computer ) and I believe that is the main cause for the non starting.