REPLACING REAR DRIVE SHAFT AND TRANNY YO

1993 Jeep Wrangler

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1993 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Hey

Looking to purchase a Jeep with plow. (Have not see vehicle yet. Is some distance away)
Owner says he blew U joint, which caused rear drive shaft and tranny yoke to break.
Before I drive down to view:
How difficult is it to change out these parts? (I'm a pretty competent DIY)
Does yoke just slip out of tranny?
Is there any other damage I should look for that might have been caused when the u joint busted?

Thanks!
Brad Chute
Mancave1956

Not all yokes are slip in yokes. There are bolt on yokes too. Now as for how hard to change depends on what all happened when the u-joint broke. Now if I was having to go some distance to look at this I would ask if the owner could send a pic of the driveline and the yoke post the pic and I will look at it to see what I think from the pics. Now keep in mind any vehicle with a plow will have problems as a plow is very hard an the drivetrain this includes u-joints both front and rear drivelines, front and rear diff's as well as front end parts and front axle u-joints. So what I am saying is that the rear driveline may not be only problem you may find so look it over extremely good.

Racefan966