VIBRATION

2003 Jeep Liberty

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2003 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty with 80,000 miles it recently developed a vibration. It happened once before when changing from 4 wheel dr to 2 wheel dr. The dealer said it was not coming out of 4 wheel drive all the way and to back up and hit the brakes, this did work until now. It does not vibrate all the time just occasionally and it feels like I'm driving over rumble strips in the rd.
Ballen53

Ballen53 I have the same problem with my jeep and it only has 60,000 miles on it. The dealer told me it could be the tires along with wheel balance and align. It worked for a while and now it still comes and goes.

Milton44
Yep. I have an '02 same problem. Started around 80K miles. I havn't had it fixed because every time I take it to a mechanic, they want to start replacing things until they figure it out.

Sounds like going over rumble strips. It happens for me when I get the car up between about 35MPH and 55 MPH. The noise disappears above that speed. It also doesn't seem to make the noise when it is coasting.

Jgreenwa