WON'T START, EVEN AFTER JUMPING

2006 Jeep Laredo

2006 Jeep Laredo 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd 3.7L V6. The problem is that it won't start even after being jumped. The lights come on, and the starter clicks but doesn't turn over. The car has never had any battery problems before, but we live in Phoenix, and it was 115 yesterday so I'm told that can kill a battery. I'm assuming it's something else though, like a dead alternator or wiring problems. Any suggestions would be a great help!
Wagz311

Do you have a digital multimeter? Engine off, place leads across battery posts, meter on the voltage setting, take a reading. 12.6 volts is a generic spec for a fully charged battery. If the battery is down, take it off and get it charged. Some of the national brand autostores will test the battery and recharge where applicable. After that, if your still having problems, we'll try something else.

Internetmechanic