FRONT BRAKES, GRAND CHEROKEE WK LIMIT

2005 Jeep Laredo

Brakes problem
2005 Jeep Laredo V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 108000 miles

Last time I was getting a 103000 checkup, synthetic oil, tire rotation, nothing major, the mechanic said the brakes were low. Lo and behold, I haven't crashed because my car still stops on a dime. I think I can figure out how to check the brakes from information on the internet, but when I find that the brake pads are wearing out, how much should I expect for a replacement of the front brakes and I guess a flush of the brake fluid (because I hear air builds up in the system that holds the brake fluid.)

Should I check the rear breaks? BTW, this car is heavy in the front, with 5.7L HEMI.
Kokohallam

What he probably meant was the " meat" of the pad was close to the metal, which means they still will work for weaks if not a few months, I would go ahead and have the rear check/replaced too, but if you dont want to change the fronts just yet, then fine you dont have to, and job should cost you about 100 to 200 dollars for the front, and about the same for the back

Legitimate007
Thanks very much for your answer.

So if I were to take the car for a brake replacement, my goal would be to replace the pads, and nothing else?

How can I check myself, would I need some kind of tiny ruler to measure the meat of the pad, or can I really kind of eyeball it.

Kokohallam
Pretty much, you might want the rotors turned(resurfaced) just to make it complete, and yes you can pretty much eyball it, and sometimes the pads can have a crack in it or some sand caught in there causing the squeel.