ABS LIGHT

2000 Jeep Cherokee

Brakes problem
2000 Jeep Cherokee V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130200 miles

In January my ABS light came on after a winter storm. It was 9 degrees out side and after driving a couple of mins. The ABS light came on and then the Brake light came on. This hasnt given me any problem up until recently. When driving(only sometimes) and braking the brakes make this rubbing sound and then it feels like I'm skidding on ice. I cant push all the way down on the brakes. It feels exactly like trying to stop on ice and skidding but the fact is that I'm driving on a regular road. Then then it makes a clicking sound while still braking. Then after I come to a stop the ABS light comes on and the problem stops. As soon as the light comes on its like nothing happend. I know I have to take it to the shop but I would like to know exactly what the problem might be before I go.
Lilebanga

Hi this could be abs sensor. Or abs controller or maybe as simple as brake pads are worn. I would go to the shop have the abs system scanned and have a brake inspection these two procedures will tell what the prob is. Thanks for writeing billymac

Billymac