COOLANT SENSOR BAD

1996 Jeep Cherokee

Computer problem
1996 Jeep Cherokee V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

I BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND PAID $4000 FOR IT. NOW THE VEHICLES COMPUTER SAYS COOLANT SENSOR BAD. THE MECHANIC I BOUGHT IT FROM SAID THAT IT WAS A MINOR PROBLEM AND THAT HE HAD ORDERED THE SENSOR FROM JEEP. ON FRIDAY WHEN I WENT IN TO HAVE THE REAR BULB CHANGED THE CAR DIDN'T START WHEN I WENT TO PICK IT UP, SO THEY SAID IT WAS THE STARTER AND CHANGED THE TERMINAL ON THE BATTERY AND A BRAND NEW STARTER, IT STARTED BUT ONLY AFTER ABOUT THE SECOND TRY OF NOT CRANKING OVER. IS THIS THE COOLANT SENSOR OR IS THERE ANOTHER PROBLEM OF WHY ITS NOT STARTING?
SGIGGLES311

Do you have a check engine light. Also the battery was disconnected might need computer relearning.

If the starter is cranking the engine over the starter is doing its job-what's preventing it from starting is a different issue. Could be spark or fuel problem. The coolant temperature sensor can be a problem here-The computer doesn't know how cold or hot the engine therefore its confused whether to give fuel or not-