THE BEEPING THING!

Jaguar XJS

Hello I am a gilr and have really no clue about mechanical things so please bare with me, I own a 2004 jaguar S type and I have a problem I would like to see if someone can help me with, the car is equipped with an infernal beepping device, you know the thingy that it supposed to warn you when someone is right on your rear bumper or too close to the sides by beeping till you ither move forward a bit or the people who are following to close ease off, I hate that thing! It drives me crazy it beeps even when rain or snow hits it! Can it be shut off or something? I have poured over the manuals and hanbooks the car comes with and have not found any information about it, you are my last chance before I have to pay someone to help me with it, please help! Thanks soo much.
Luciaw

It sounds like the sensitivity is to high on the monitoring system. Is there a adjustment knob on the dash somewhere?

2CarPros Mike
Hello mike, and thank you for answering, no I have looked to see if there is some sort of a a knob but there isnt, I will keep on looking though, thanks again

Luciaw
Hello. I believe the beeping thing you are talking about is the reverse sensors. They are only suppose to beep when you go in reverse and make noise when you are close to a object. It is possible you have a bad sensor. This would be covered under your jaguar warranty. I would for jag. I hope this helps please let me know thanks pat

Fstranger302