GEARBOX FAULT

2000 Jaguar XJ8

2000 Jaguar XJ8 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

I think we have different problems going on, I need to know what would cause gearbox fault message and it goes into reverse but when you put it in drive, it shifts real hard then sounds like it goes in gear but will not move just rpms rev up? Also the radio has quit and the abs light has been coming on and it has also been saying trac not available asc not available what is causing this? I talk to a jag dealer on the phone and he said it sounds like the gearbox needs replace but thats 3500$, could it be something else? Please help
Sarahmay78

The same problem happned with me today, but dont worry.
I called my advisor in the jaguar dealer and she told me that the transsmission cpu was confused because when u press the gas while the gear is shifting this is when the confusion happens.I also have an xj8 2000.
Its known of its strong transmission and engine but little computer problems whch is not a big deal.
What the dealer is gonna do is that they will refresh the transsmission cpu and everything will get back to normal.
It costs around 125$.
For the trac control not available is because that the battery is week as soon is u change the battery this message wont show back.
Usually the car dealers or even mechanics tells you the worst case senario
good luck

Adelalkhairi