VIBRATION

1998 Jaguar XJ8

Other Category problem
1998 Jaguar XJ8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 73000 miles

I recently purchased this 98 Jaguar. At about 50 mph it vibrates. The most logical thing was the tires were not balanced so I took it to the tire shop. All four tires were speed balanced and rotated. I took the car up to 50 mph it still vibrates? What could it be?
Lono808

Hi there,

If the vibration is felt in the steering, have the front suspension & steering inspected, If it is more body only, have the tail shaft inspected & rear suspension mounts inspected.

Mhpautos
[quote=" lono808" ]Other Category problem

I recently purchased this 98 Jaguar. At about 50 mph it vibrates. The most logical thing was the tires were not balanced so I took it to the tire shop. All four tires were speed balanced and rotated. I took the car up to 50 mph it still vibrates? What could it be?[/Quote

hello, the vibration if it is at 50 mph could be from the rear axle shafts, off the rear differential. There are two u joints on each side and if they are not greased will sieze up and rust like all old drive shafts. Also it could be a out of balance drive shaft. But I think it is more in the rear u joints. Let me know if this helps you or if you need more help.

Fstranger302