FUEL SYSTEM

1988 Jaguar XJ6

1988 Jaguar XJ6 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 190, 00 miles

I have change the injectors and cleaned the fuel system completely but car wont start it cranks over and wii start with starter fluid but wont keep running is there a way to bleed the injection system andd where is the bleeder valve located
Royce1988

When you start the engine the fuel pressue regulator, if it is good, returns excess fuel back to the fuel tank taking any air with it. You should not have to bleed the system. Have you checked to see if you have fuel flow to the fuel rail. If you do are the injectors firing. You can do this with a " noid light" plugged into the injector harness and cranking the motor. The light should blink with every injector pulse. Check a couple of leads. If you have no pulse then it is probably in your ECU. The pulse is controlled directly from the ECU. Hope this helps.

James W.