MY CAR WILL NOT TURN OFF

2002 Jaguar S-Type

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62,000 miles

Hi! My car seems to be running well; the only apparent problem I have with it-- I cannot get the car to turn off. I can turn the key to the off position and can even take the key out of the ignition switch (aka the key hole), but the car continues to run. When the key is in the off position, other electical car items are off-- the gas gauge and the a/c are what I noticed immediately, but the engine continues to run. By the way, the warning lights occassionally flash 'Failsafe Mode, ' which I can find very little on (nothing that helps me) in the owner's manual.
I appreciate any & all assistance-- THX so! ; D
SweetDonna

Does it run for a long time or does not stop at all? Or just for a few seconds?.

Dave H
My car would not turn off, and it had been running for hours. It was around midnight on April 20th when I asked for help. You were in the middle of helping me when I had help arrive in real time. I apologize for my sudden departure, which because of computer issues that followed those I had with my car, I am only now able to do, and I thank you for your offer of help! Donna Read

SweetDonna
Could you please tell us your final fix, as this may help other users in the future?

Dave H

Dave H