NO START CONDITION

2001 Jaguar S-Type

2001 Jaguar S-Type V8 80000 miles

The car has been sitting inside the garage through the winter, It had a weak battery before the winter and had no power when I went to start it. I confirmed the battery was dead and replaced it. I went to start it up and it started right up.I moved it out of the garage to clean out the back seat and after went to start it but it didn't fire up!
It cranked very strong and I have full electrical power. I checked the fuel rail and I didn't get any spray when I pushed in the check valve with my key. Can there be any other possibility besides a fuel pump? The car had a full tank of gas before the winter and still does. I never had a problem before except that if the car sat a few days it cranked slow sometimes I needed to boost it (that's why I changed the battery). But it never ran funny after it started.
J_khlaif

Do below to determine if its actually a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Thank you! I will try it tonight and let you know what I find out.

Could this have anything to do with the Anti-theft system, I only have the valet key.I had to change the battery by folding down the back seat (I attached an access cable when I lost the main key for just this purpose!)

J_khlaif
I tried it the next day and it started right up before I could check anything. I tried to restart it several times and I had no problems. Strange. There is no engine light or anything, could it have had anything to do with the fact that I didn't start it for 3 months or so? Any ideas in case it still could be a problem that might come back?

J_khlaif
Its probably bcuz of the battery was weak, replaced and relearn itself.

You mean after the battery was replaced, and it started and it still needed to relearn? Interesting.

J_khlaif
Sounds more like the plugs fouled with petrol as it never run for long enough to warm up, leaving it overnight allowed the petrol to evaporate and so it started up again.

Andy pandy