MODELS STARTING

2000 Jaguar Other

Computer problem
2000 Other Jaguar Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 99500 miles

I had a low battery cause the computer to shut down the car so it cannot be started. When the key is turned to start, the red warning alarm light on the top of the dash starts blinking indicating a problem. A the manual says is to call the dealer. I can't even get the OBD-II to function. Says it can't read the computer. I have an S-type by the way.

What happened was I was replacing a bulb in the dash and the key was on so I could listen to the radio. Suddenly, ALL the lights came on, the seat started to move forward and turning the key off did not stop anything. I promptly disconnected the battery. It was very low (9v) so I charged it. Now when I turn the key on, the instruments the NAV and radio light up, but that is all that works. Turning to start does nothing. The red light just blink at me. Please help! I will donate something even if you cannot help.

Thanks.
Embreelynn

Witha full charge on the battery try closing all doors and locking then unlocking drivers door with the key

Jack42
Hello, disconnect the battery for at least 5 minutes. But make sure your battery has the proper voltage, s types are very tempremental to low voltage in the system. It will make all the modules go crazy. After charging the battery then reconnect the battery this should resett the cars computer modules. Let me know if it helps. Rep points are apreciated thanks

Fstranger302