IT FIRES SOMETIME THEN IT WILL QUIT FIREING SOMETIMS

1996 Toyota Camry • 288,881 miles

It will crank and run for about 30 seconds then die. When try to crank it back up it may fire some then quit firing some. It will turn over but its not firing at times when it does fire then it cranks it will crank all the time till it sits for eight hours.
Bdavidson

When it will not fire, check the fuel pump pressure to make sure it is within the manufacturer's specs. Also, check to see if there is spark to the plugs.

Better and easier yet. When it won't fire, see if it will start using starting fluid. If it does, then there is a fuel related issue. If it doesn't, then chances are you are not getting spark to the plugs.

Let me know what you find.

There is no way to check the fuel pressure. When its not firing its not coming from the coil. I change the coil and it still does the same. I also change the crank shaft sensor out.

Bdavidson
Are you saying there is no spark? And fuel pump pressure can be checked at the fuel filter if there is no schrader valve on the fuel rail.

Let me know.

Bdavidson
There some spark at times and other times there none at all. The fuel pressure can not be checked there is no shredder valve on the fuel rail.

Bdavidson
It sounds like you either have a bad coil or a bad crank sensor. As far as fuel pressure, you need to get an adapter for the fuel filter to check pressure. However, it sounds like spark is the issue.

I have change the coil and the crank sensor and it still do the same way before I changed them

Bdavidson
A update on the carmy when I get it to stay running its good for the day untill it sets for eight hours or more. Then its does the same thing all over again.

Bdavidson