CHECK ENGINE LIGHT RESET

2000 Isuzu Trooper

2000 Isuzu Trooper 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 166740 miles

I have had some work done to my vehicle. Specifically the EGR VALVE/GASKET, EXAUST GASKETS, and the MAIN PRESSURE SWITCH was cleaned. I was told by my mechanic the computer in the vehicle needed sometime to reset. I was told I should drive for 30-40 miles and it would reset. When I recieved the vehicle from the shop the check engine light was off. I drove it 30-40 miles as suggested and I took it to get emissions done on it. Once they tried to test the vehicle I assume that made the check engine light come on, as stated, it was off prior to going to get emissions done. I have driven the vehicle for about 300 miles since then and my check engine light is still on. I recieved a diagnostic paper after they tried to run the vehicle through emissions. It states the catalyst, evaporative system, egr system are NOT READY. It also states the heated catalyst, sec. Air system, a/c system are UNSUPPORTED. It is my understanding I have to drive a certain number of miles to reset the OBD II. If this is the case how many miles do I have to drive to make it reset so the vehicle can go through emissions?
Driver332

The check engine light is on because the computer sees a problem with something. It wont pass emissions with the light on. Take it back to your tech and have them scan it to see why the light is on. The emissions test shouldnt/doenst make the light come on in the dash, only the computer seeing a problem does that

Jack42