QUESTION IN NEED OF FUEL PUMP WIRING DIAGRA

1995 Isuzu Rodeo

1995 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 118000 miles

I have a 1995 isuzu rodeo Ls 4wheel drive 3.2 V6. My fuel pump is having issues. I replaced it, but turns out there is some kind of short or something in the wiring. The wires read 12V when cranking, but not when in the on position. Even then, the pump doesnt turn on. I have tested the pump by hooking directly to the pump and it does work. I have also tested all relays and fuses which work. I am guessing the wires are broken somewhere, but idk. If I could get the wiring diagram for the fuel pump, it would be great. Thank you for the help.
Dsw422

Hello and thanks for donating

Below is the wiring diagram for the fuel pump that you asked for. Let me know if you need further assistance..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_2455.jpg

Bluelightnin6
Thanks for the help. But I was wondering if you could enlarge the picture so I can read it or tell me what the labels are. Also, a quick question. Is the fuel pump supposed to turn on when the vehicle is in the on position, or when cranking? Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.

Dsw422
Sure, there are 2 wires at the fuel pump itself. A ground wire, black, and a power wire, red, running to the relay. At the fuel pump relay there are 4 wires, a ground (black), a black/blue (turns to red near fuel pump for power), a pink/white that runs to the PCM and a black/yellow that goes to the fuse (#2, 15 amp).

As for the fuel pump, it should prime up when the key is turned to ON but will only stay on for around 4 seconds then kick back off. This is just the priming up for it, it knows it doesn't need to stay on with the key ON engine not running.

Bluelightnin6
Ok. Here is the problem. I get power to the pump only when the car is cranking but the pump doesnt turn on. And the pump does work. What may be the problem and where should I look for this problem. Thank you for all of the help.

Dsw422
Hmm, is definitely a wire issue somewhere then. You will need to take a test light and poke around the wiring I showed you. Make sure the pins that are labeled ground are actually groundingand not getting power somehow.

Bluelightnin6
Ok. Thank you for all of the help. Ill be sure to ask you again if I have any other questions. Again, thank you for the help.

Dsw422