ACCERLERATION

1995 Infiniti J30

1995 Infiniti J30 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

My car is having problem accelerating wants it gets warmed up. The first 25 minutes it runs fine. After that I can floor the pedal and it barely accelerates. The more speed I pick up the faster it accelerates. Thier is NO check ingine light on. I just had a tune up done and it didnt help the problem. I changed the fuel filter also.
Wnb0395

Hi wnb0395,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Seems there was a problem and your post was pushed to end of page and was missed out.

From the symptom description, I would suggest checking/cleaning the Mass Air flow sensor. It can cause power loss and driveability issues.

Is there an easy way to check the sensor to see if it is bad. Would it throw a code and cause the check engine light to go on? My check engine light works but is not on.

Wnb0395
The easiest way to test the sensor is to use a scanner to read its performance.

When MAF is faulty, it sometimes does not show on the CEL as it is working but not providing the correct input so ECM thinks it is good.

You can try cleaning it to see if it helps. There are spray cleaners for MAF available at parts outlets.

Its not the MAF sensor. Any other suggestions?

Wnb0395
Try disconnecting theO2 sensor and see if symptoms goes away.

The problem is your knock sensor.
It's a ghost sensor that doesn't throw a check engine
light. Check your ECU, code will be 34.

I know because I have the same problem.

BruceJ30