CAR STARTING AND STALLING

2000 Infiniti Infinity QX4

2000 Infinity QX4 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 192000 miles

Out of the blue after turning my car off and parking for 20 minutes, my car would not start. It was trying to start, but just didn't turnover. I sprayed the spark fluid into the air filter area, and still no start. I kept trying and still no start. After sitting for a few days I jump the battery, turned the key and the car started. I put fuel line antifreeze in the tank as a precaution. Let it run for about an hour with no problems. I turned the car off and it wouldn't start again. Same type of close to starting sounds, but no start. Again, after a couple of days, I tried to start it and it did start. I let it run for about 5 hours believing that I had bad gas. Ran with no problems, I stepped on the gas pedal and it turned off. I tried to restart, and got the same problem all over again. I changed the gas filter as suggested by a friend, but still, same almost starting noises, but no start. When I do get it started and let it run, as soon as I step on the gas pedal it shuts off. Can someone PLEASE help me address this problem. The closest shop to me ALWAYS writes me up an estimate for $1000 or more even if all I need is air in the tires. So, I would like to get an idea of what the problem could be. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks much!

Marvin
Mlwsoundz

Hello and thanks for donating

It definitely seems as though you have a fuel system issue since it is stalling out when you give it fuel. You need to check the fuel pressure with a mechanical fuel pressure gauge. If it is low, the fuel pump could be weak and not pumping the proper amount of fuel through the system. It may, however, also be weak spark plugs. If the spark plugs are getting more fuel than they can burn, it will stall the engine. Test the spark plugs to ensure they are all receiving a blue, healthy spark.

Bluelightnin6