SANTA FE TRANSMISSION PROBLEM, P0715, P1529

Hyundai Other

I have a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe with 94,000 miles on it. You can be diving along at various speeds and the auto transmission slams into 3rd gear. You can switch to manual and get it to go to 2nd and 3rd but auto will only go in 3rd.

Autozone pulled codes P0715, sold me a shaft speed sensor which I replaced, but they didn't know what a " Scair Solenoid circuit malfunction" was for code P1529.

Unfortunately replacing the speed sensor hasn't helped. I did think it was unusual that the old sensor had a plasic gear on a shaft that inserts into the sensor but the new one didn't come with it. I assumed that using the old gear/shaft in the new sensor was ok.

What can I do about this other code?
Joash3233

Ok lol, heres the problem, the vehicle is stuck in 3rd gear failsafe, this is what happens when there is a trans fault, but you made a big mistake, you replaced the wrong sensor you put in a vehicle speed sensor wich calculates the rpm and speed of vehicle, your problem is an input and out put speed sensor wich is also located on top of the trans these sensors measure the speed of the input and out put shafts inside of the trans mission, you probably will not be able to get these sensors aftermarket, dealer item only I think

Turbotuff20g
P0715
Input speed sensor system

If no output pulse is detected from the input shaft speed (PG-A) sensor for 1 second or more while driving in 3rd or 4th gear at a speed of 30 km/h or more, it is judged to be an open or short circuit. In the input shaft speed sensor and diagnosis code P0715 is output. If diagnosis code P0715 is output four times, the transmission is locked into 3rd gear (D range) or 2nd gear as a fail-safe measure

P1529
TCM MIL request signal, this code sets in the computer engine control module when there is a transmission fault code

Turbotuff20g
I like to thank this post. This post is the reason that I just fix my car. Stuck on 3rd gear during auto and only on 2nd and 3rd with manual, after read this post I went to Hyundai dealer and buy input speed sensor replaced input speed sensor. Car is running fine now check engine light is gone. I hope this will help someone. Thanks.

Bucksee