CLUTCH PROBLEMS

Hyundai Other

Hi I have a Hyundai Lantra 1995 model 125500 km and recently I noticed the clutch pedal got a little stiffer and also noticed that the clutch pedal has to travel all the way up to get engaged/disengaged (Not sure)which term. Also noticed when going uphill and pressing the gas pedal the engine revs but the car does not respond accordingly as if clutch is slipping. Is it the clutch or could it be the master cylinder? Thanks for your help in advance.
Skat

I would say if the car is slipping out of gear, then it is probably the clutch itself. However, I would check the release mechanism to make sure it is working normally before removing the transmission.

Mikeybdman
Thanks for your reply Mikeybdman. I solved my problem as it turned out to be the master cylinder had the return mechanism jammed. Cleansed it and it seems to be working fine now.I'm saying this as it might be of help to other users. Thanks again.

Skat

Skat