FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

1999 Hyundai Lantra

1999 Hyundai Lantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 156000 miles

How do I change a fuel pressure regulator on a 1999 Hyundai Lantra 1.8L 4 Cylinder Manual.
Novice_repairer

The fuel pressure regulator is built in to the fuel pump. Have you already replace fuel pump and still having fuel problems? Or do you need the fuel pump replacement procedures?

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!

Bluelightnin6
Thanks for your reply. Basically I took it to get serviced and they said it was leaking fuel and it needs a new fuel pressure regulator so I went to a wrecker and got one. I just want to know how to fit it or should I take it back and get a fuel pump instead.

Hopefully you'll be able to help.

Novice_repairer
Sorry about that I was looking at the wrong model of Hyundai..

Your fuel regulator is on the fuel rail with the injectors.

First release the fuel pressure and disconnect the negative battery cable. Then disconnect high-pressure fuel hose while covering the fitting using a shop towel. Disconnect the fuel return hose. Disconnect fuel injector harness connector. Remove fuel delivery pipe attaching bolts. Remove the fuel delivery pipe with the injectors and regulator attached. Then remove and replace the regulator. Reverse for installation.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_493.jpg

Thanks for using 2CarPros.com!

Bluelightnin6