FUEL FILTER

1997 Hyundai Lantra

1997 Hyundai Lantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 210162 miles

I am quite new to Do it yourself and would like to know where is the fuel filter located in the above car (April 1997 model) and whether it is easy to replace or very complicated. I was told it will cost $160 Australian Dollars to replace. When I checked with local auto shop the cost of the filter is nly $32. Please could you help. Thanks and await your response.
Sureshpnayak

The fuel filter is located on the passenger side of the car, it is bolted with a bracket to the left and side. It is usually black (well mine is) and made of metal, It has a pipe that comes out of the top that goes into your fuel system and another one straight out the bottom that goes down then underneath your car. To remove it off the bracket and remove the top pipe is straight forward however its the bottom pipe that is tricky. If you feel underneath it you feel a nut on top of the pipe and another one on the bottom of the filter, you need to hold the filter one while you turn the pipe one or you will twist and brake the fuel line.

Mickydoo